In the world of digital marketing, internal linking is one such method that will surely level up your marketing campaigns. It is important to know about high authority pages where you can link your new pages while working on any new marketing campaign. For all websites owners, it is important to consider about internal links. This will help Google to see your links and also such links give an opportunity to many visitors to find further content on the website that belongs to you. If you want to enhance the SEO efforts then internal linking between pages and posts will help you out.
Internal linking is the process of relating one post of a particular website to another post through a hyperlink that provides relevant information.
Benefits of Internal Links
To get high ranking on search engines, Internal links benefits you in many ways
1. Providing relevant data – Internal links provide additional information or the data about the text that visitors are reading. This will also tell search engines about the same thing that will increase the value of your website.
2. Pass the link juice to other pages – If your one page has high ranking then you can place an internal link on the page that will directly take the reader to another page with low rank. Through this, you can pass the link juice to other pages and make them perform better.
3. Proper navigation – With internal links on the page, readers get an access to other pages of the particular website or another website through them. Visitors will help visitors to navigate through your pages.
4. Decrease the bounce rates – You can keep the visitors to stay longer on your site through internal linking. When you put hyperlinks on your blog’s, readers will click them and find the related information similar to your blog, and then they will stay for a long time. This will help you to decrease the bounce rates.
How to do internal link building ?
The internal link building is an art in itself. To do successful internal linking, take a look at the following points.
1. Have more content
Content is king in the world of SEO. To add the link you need more content. So, write more content for your website and add hyperlinks on every post that will take the reader to another page where he can fetch more information. Writing few posts will allow you to add few links. So, write more blogs, articles and then add an internal link on them that will provide the relevant information.
2. Link pages and posts
Pages and Posts in WordPress look similar but are two different things. For example, blog post and services page, both are different things. In order to rank your website high in search engines, you need to show your pages in Google. To do that you can link your pages to your blog post or link your blog post to your pages.
3. Link High-rank pages to low rank pages
Internal links provide a great opportunity to improve the ranking of your low authority pages through link juices. By simply providing a link to you high authority page that will take the reader to another page with low authority, you can improve the ranking of that particular page on your website.
4. Use of anchor texts
Anchor texts are used to put the hyperlinks in your post. If you want to make your internal link to look good in the eyes of Google then use anchor texts. Proper use of anchor texts helps the readers to know about what will open when they click the link.
5. Link sibling pages
Sibling pages are those posts that have relevancy just as siblings have. You will not link your dry cleaning website to pet shop website. There are times when you need to run multi-niche sites that have various posts. At such time, you not link your posts to others irrelevant posts.
Best Practices of Internal Linking
In WordPress post, you can use plugins while putting internal links. This will help you to make your regular keywords to link keywords that will take the reader o another content post by you.
- You can optimize your link, change their colour, font, position etc in the text. You can also optimize the color of the link that will change while clicking internal linking for HTML.
- You can add internal links that will open up the main pages of your website such a service page. You will get more benefit from Internal linking for SEO.
Internal linking is an amazing way to promote your website, blog and content. It will help you to boost the ranking or your pages on different search engines.
Recent Post : Top six table pricing for wordpress.